Teen Leadership Coppell Application Process
To be considered for the Teen Leadership Coppell Program please complete the following (click links to access the google docs):
These documents should be submitted electronically through Google Docs Links no later than Friday, April 21, 2017 at midnight. Please give your two references (one teacher/facilitator or counselor and one adult who knows you well, other than a school staff member or relative) and your school administrator plenty of notice by providing the links to them as soon as possible.
4. Parent/Legal Guardian/Student Approval Form should be printed and submitted to one of the Coppell ISD High Schools in order for a student to be considered. New this year there will NOT BE individual student interviews, students are to submit videos - see details on the application form.
Criteria for Candidates:
* Must attend Coppell ISD schools or live in the City of Coppell.
* Must currently be a sophomore student in good academic and citizenship standing and must receive approval from an Assistant Principal/Director.
* Must demonstrate potential for/interest in leadership in school/community activities.
* Must be prepared to volunteer for community services.
* Must be willing to take what is learned back to share at school.
* Must commit to 100% participation in all activities, unless it is an excused school-related activity. For example, sports, band, choir, Lariettes, academic competitions, etc. Club sports are NOT excused.
* All participants must attend all sessions; however, excused absences for illness, school-related activities or other circumstances beyond the student’s control, will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Makeup assignments will be required to meet the intent of the program.
Approximately 100 applications are received each year and only 30-32 students are accepted for participation in the program. All parts of the application process (1. Student application, 2. Two references, and 3. Recommendation Form from Assistant Principal/Director and 4. Approval form) must be completed and submitted on time; incomplete or late applications will not be considered. All applicants will be notified in writing of the selection committee’s decision in June.
***Tuition of the program is $250.00 and is due upon receipt of acceptance letter. The tuition payment helps to cover the cost of administering the program including the retreat costs, printing, postage and other miscellaneous expenses. TLC facilitators are volunteers, and as such, receive no compensation for their service. (*Needs-based scholarships may be available upon qualification.)
The mission of Teen Leadership Coppell is to provide leadership training through knowledge and skills, motivation, and collaboration to prepare youth for everyday contributions as current and future citizen leaders.